Ragging | Students
Ragging in any form within the campus or outside the campus is strictly prohibited by law. Any student who indulge actively or passively in the ragging act or abet the act of ragging and if found guilty of ragging is liable to be proceeded against under UGC Regulations On Curbing The Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009, and Indian penal Code or any other law for the time being in force and such action would include but is not limited to detriment or expulsion of such student.
UGC REGULAIUONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, 2009.
(Under section 26 (1) (g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956)
In view of the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court in the matter of "University of Kerala v/s. Council, Principals, Colleges and others" and in consideration of the determination of the Central Government and the university Grants Commission to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging, the University Grants Commission has made "Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009".
According to that,
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts (As per Section 3)
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to causes annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassments so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping/ forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING
(AS PER SECTION 7)
The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
As per the directions of Hon'able Suprdme Court, anti ragging
committee of the following staff mernber is constituted with immediate effect. In
case of any problems, the students are advised to contact with any of staff member
on the given cell no.
|Anti Ragging Committee|
| ||Sh. Sandeep Sharma H.O.D Pharmacy||Incharge||98159-21696|
| ||Er. Gurpreet Singh H.O.D, CE||Member||97819-99035|
| ||Er. Yogesh Sharma H.O.D, ME||Member||99140-31681|
| ||Er. Upinder Singh Brar, Sr. Lect. CE||Member||98552-63772|
| ||Er. Jaswinder Singh, Lect. EE||Member||98552-00398|
| ||Er. Tejinder Sivia Lect. EC||Member||98551-20176|
| ||Er. Natinder Kaur Sodhi, Lect CE||Member||98884-68339|
| ||Ms. Shweta Bassi, I-ect Maths||Member||95305-03707|
| ||Sh. Gurwant Singh, Hostel Ward||Member||99148-11420|
| ||Sh. Balwinder Singh, Lib. Ass||Member||98550-06944||